11 May 2008

Tom Cruise: Living in a new light?

I'm not an avid fan of Oprah Winfrey's (hey...she does some good things), and am certainly not one of Tom Cruise's. And this was way before the outbreak of "crazy" episodes a few years back. Yes, you know exactly what I'm referring to. However, I was interested in checking-in with Oprah's two-part interview of Tom Cruise this past week, just to see what the conversation between the two would entail.

The "Friday" interview, at Cruise's home in Colorado, was actually somewhat interesting. He & Oprah discussed said outbreaks, and Tom seemed to have returned from his vacation to Weirdoville. However, I could barely stomach the "Monday" show, which found a who's-who of Hollywood-mites doting over how great Tom is, and how much he deserves his 25-year-in-the-business recognition. I'm sure they all mean what they're saying, but to me it came off as another publicity stunt to try to rebuild Tom Cruise's image. Perhaps I'm wrong.

EW.com recently published an article asking the question: "A Star is Reborn?" Is he?

No comments: