29 March 2007

To Twitter or Not To Twitter

In a post earlier this week I'd talked a little bit about my recent trip to NYC (more to come on that later). Well, in addition to having much fun exploring the concrete jungle, as they say, I was actually in town for a business conference. The first BlogHer Business Summit, in fact. If you're not familiar with BlogHer--and it's likely you're not if you're not a blogger--they are a great organization which is essentially a network of female bloggers. I was, of course, there representing PayPerPost.

Well, the core content of the two-day event was Social Media, and how it's really blown-up over the past two years, if not less than that. One thing I was really intrigued by--and was the topic of conversation in several different sessions--is Twitter. I am certainly aware of Twitter, and I think I have a fair idea of its purpose, but I really need to do much more research to see how it might fit into both my personal and professional lives. Their self-proclaimed mission is "A global community of friends and strangers answering one simple question: What are you doing? Answer on your phone, IM, or right here on the web!" They have a pretty cool blog too, that you should check out if you get a chance.

If anyone reads this post and uses Twitter, or has any thoughts about it please feel free to leave me a comment.

'Til next time,

A Potential Future Twitter-er (does that work?)


Digg!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey I use twitter!

Social Citizen said...

Awesome! I just set-up one for work. I'm sure it'll take a little while for me to really figure out how to make the best use of it, but so many folks are talking about it right now I figured it might be wise to not ignore it!