24 March 2008

Music Monday: Fear (of the Unknown)

Siouxsie and the Banshees was one of the most intriguing bands of the 1990s...to me, anyway. I just thought they had an interesting sound, supported by an even more interesting image (particularly lead singer Janet Susan Ballion, aka Siouxie Sioux).

1991's "Superstition" was the album that originally caught my eye--thanks to the track "Kiss Them For Me"--and was probably their most mainstream. The video featured here, however, is a remixed, more radio-friendly version, of the song "Fear (of the Unknown), off of the aforementioned album "Superstition."



Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Banshees a 90's band? Where were you man? They were a punk band from the late 70's - that was their heyday.

I'll grant you they were still going in the 90's, but please don't group them with all the dross that came out in the 90's. :-)

Social Citizen said...

wolfie:

My bad. I guess I should've maybe clarified that they got their "mainstream status" during the '90s, with "Superstition." That's kinda what I was going for.

Plus, I started recognizing their music during that time -- I think maybe that got to be a little more well-known in the States at that point?

Anyway, thanks for stopping by and commenting. I appreciate it.