07 August 2007

Face-blah Embarrassment?

Yet again my daily TechCrunch newsletter brings about some interesting information:

Apparently Republican Presidential Candidate Rudy Giuliani's daughter, Caroline, has generated some controversy via her Facebook profille. TechCrunch reports that Caroline's profile shows that she supports Barack Obama as the 2008 Presidential hopeful. What? And this is news? Seriously...I find this story pretty ludicrous. Firstly, the girl is only 17-years-old. Granted, she'll be 18 by the time the elections roll-around, but she's still merely a teenager.

Secondly, this is America, right? Sure...it's not the most ideal situation when an individual is running for President of the United States of America and their offspring doesn't openly support them, but I don't see why it's making major news. Perhaps that's just my apathy for news & politics in our country right now.

What's most entertaining about this story--in my opinion--is that Caroline's participation in the Obama Facebook group (find out more here) was immediately removed (by herself). Go figure!

P.S. As you probably figured by this blog post title, I'm not the biggest fan of Facebook. Mainly because I hate "trendy" things (and Facebook is definitely trendy right now) but also because I don't necessarily think Facebook is the big deal people are making it out to be right now.

No comments: